The Intermediate Guide to Worksheet with Answers on Active-Passive Voice

 

The Intermediate Guide to Worksheet with Answers on Active-Passive Voice

When the subject in the sentence does the action the verb is said to be in the Active Voice.

For example;

My mother bakes cakes regularly.

Mack writes a letter to his uncle.

When the subject on the sentence does not do the action the verb is said to be in the Passive voice.

For example

1. Cakes are baked by my mother regularly.

2. A letter is written by Mack to his uncle.

To know more about the active and passive voice just click on the link below.

 

Let’s look on the following worksheet  to be perfect in Active-Passive voice.

 

I. Identify the following sentences whether they are in active voice or passive voice.

1. My hen lays an egg daily.

2. My father cooks meal on every Sunday.

3. The dog is taken by Jack for a walk.

4. The teacher punished the boy.

5. Harry was taught by his mother.

6. The window was broken by him.

7. The map was drawn by the teacher.

8. The cat killed the mouse.

9. Rose is opening the door.

10. A nice son is sung by Jazz.

11.  Mona ate an apple.

12. The students will win the next match.

13. The monitor is distributing the books.

14. My clothes are washed by my father.

15. The sum was explained by the math’s teacher.

16. She is frightened of spiders.

17. Books are usually torn by small children.

18. Those pyramids were built around 400AD.

19. All the milk was drunk by my cat.

20. My grandmother painted that picture.

Answers:

1. Active voice

2. Active voice

3. Passive voice

4. Active voice

5. Passive voice

6. Passive voice

7. Passive voice

8. Active voice

9. Active voice

10. Passive voice.

11. Active voice

12. Active voice

13. Active voice.

14. Passive voice.

15. Passive voice

16. Active voice

17. Passive voice

18. Active voice

19. Passive voice

20 Active voice

II. Change the following sentences in the Passive voice.

1. The man cut down the tree.

2. We compelled the enemy to surrender.

3. The hunter caught the lion.

4. Someone burned the ship.

5. Who taught you French?

6.  I have sold my bicycle.

7. The police arrested him.

8. He will finish the work in a fortnight.

9. Who did this?

10. Why did your brother write such a letter?

Answers

1. The tree was cut down by the man.

2. The enemy was compelled by us to surrender.

3. The lion was caught by the hunter.

4. The ship was burned by someone.

5. By whom was French taught to you?

6. My bicycle has sold (by me).

7. He was arrested by police.

8. The work will be finished by him in a fortnight.

9. By whom was this done?

10. Why was such a letter written by your brother?

 

III. Rewrite the following sentences in the Active voice.

1. Those cars were built by robots.

2. Someone has invited me to the party.

3. My pocket has been picked.

4. Promises should be kept.

5. I shall be obliged to go.

6. We shall be blamed by everyone.

7. When will the book be returned?

8. He was laughed at by all his friends.

9. The building was damaged by fire.

10. The wall is being built by the mason.

Answers

  1. Robots built those cars.
  2. I have been invited to the party.
  3. Someone has picked my pocket.
  4. One should keep one’s promises.
  5. Circumstances will oblige me to go.
  6. Everyone will blame us.
  7. When will you return the book?
  8. All his friends laughed at him.
  9. Fire damaged the building.
  10. The mason is building the wall.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post