Diary- Entry | Format of diary writing| How to write diary entry?

 

 

Diary- Entry | Format of diary writing| How to write diary entry?


 



 

 

 Introduction

What is diary entry?
Format of diary writing
Samples of diary entry/ How to write diary entry?

But diary entry is one of the writing skills in English language paper. If student get proper knowledge about it then they can score well.

Normally many people have the habit of writing diary daily. This habit is the best habit as it is a record of important events and significant actions. Writing a diary is one of the exciting parts of one’s life. It is a very easy and simple way of exhibiting own thought and experiences. In many mysterious movies and novels diary plays very vital role to solve the mystery.

Anyways let us come back to our point. Let’s see, the exact definition of diary entry according to the English language.

What is diary entry?

A diary is a record of the happenings of the day written in an informal language. It is the documentation of real experiences in one’s life.

One writes the diary for own satisfaction. While writing the diary one thinks as if the diary is the best friend and will narrate the incident or own experience. So obviously the speech of language will be informal as one is narrating the experience to the best friend.

Diary Entry Format


On the left side of the page the date should be written.

The pattern of writing date – Friday, January 10, 2021 (day, month date, year)

After writing date you can mention time, that is the time of writing diary time.

Then start the diary by salutation- dear diary or dearest diary.

Next to that line you can start the diary.

Last part closure that is just end bye your name.

You can also like to read 

What is Story Writing?

How to write the diary entry?

It is in first person narration. It is in simple present or simple past tense. As it is informal type of writing, sketches, drawings, emoticons and other creative expressions can also be used. It should be in conversational tone and friendly language as if you are speaking to your friend. Just feel free while writing the diary. There should be use of adjectives which can describe your frame of mind and mood. The diary entry maybe describing your good mood or bad mood, it should be written in informal tone.

 



 

Samples of diary writing

 Diary Entry For Class 3rd to 5th

Question 1 (Primary level)

Today is the best day of your life. You participated in a national level storytelling competition and have won the first prize. Describe your feelings when you have declared the national champion in diary entry.

Friday, August 04, 2021

9:00 PM

Dearest diary,

I have been on cloud nine today since I heard the result of my story telling competition. I never thought that I will be the first winner of this competition.  I took many efforts for this competition but I was trembling while telling the story on the stage.  But when they announced my name I was just tickled pink. First time I was over the moon. Really fantastic situation I experienced today. It’s really outstanding moment of my life. That is all for today.

Sunny

 

 Diary Entry for Class 5th to 7th

Question 2 (Middle level)

You are Jenny. Today you have experienced the first snow fall l off the season. Describe your experience and feelings in a diary entry.

Saturday, December 15, 2021

10:00 PM

Dear diary,

My toady’s day was full of enjoyment. I feel like celebrating. You know what the enjoyment was. Today I saw the first snow fall of the season. It was the first snowfall of the season but for me also it was the first snowfall. I never experienced this snow fall. I only heard about it and seen in movies and television. But today was my lucky day to see this dazzling event. The snow had covered the tree, rooftops, and vehicles. It has been snowing since morning. Looking through the window, the snow appears extraordinary beautiful. It is biting cold, but my family and I are enjoying it. We enjoyed soup and hot pakoras in the evening. It was really excited and memorable event for me.

Thus I enjoyed my first snowfall of the season.

Jenny

Diary Entry for Class 5, Class 6 , Class 7 

Question 3 (Middle level)

You are selected to play a lead role in annual day. Write a diary entry expressing your joy and surprising.

Monday, July 12, 2021

9:30 PM

Dear diary,

I have been dying to tell you what happened today! This is the most exciting day of my life.

Can you guess what happened today...today when I went to school, my class teacher entered in our class and she randomly picked up few students among us? I was one of them. We were puzzled why the teacher took us along with her. She gave us few dialogues and asked to practice them. After few minutes, she told us to execute one by one. Finally, when it was my turn, I felt much tensed. I took a deep breath and started performing my dialogues, and you know what! Everyone was impressed by my act and they gave me a big round of applause. Our teacher has selected me for lead role for forth-coming annual day celebration. I’m so excited and I’ll give my best in the act.

That is all for today. See you soon

Rajesh

Diary Entry for Class 8, Class9 and Class10  

Question 4 (Higher level)

 

You are Jim. Today was the first day in a boarding school. You have left your home and family first time. It is first time to live alone in new place with new friends. Write a diary entry about expressing your thoughts and emotions regarding your new life.

Wednesday, June 25, 2021

10:00 PM

Dearest diary,

Hi my best friend. I was eager to tell you about today’s day. Today’s day was little bit chaotic and difficult for me. Why?

I will tell you. Today was my first day in the hostel life. This is the first time that I have left my home and family first time. It is the first time that I am alone in new place and with new people. When I entered to the hostel room I felt like crying. There were already two members in the room and they have become friends of each other so felt little awkward with them. But my parents made me comfortable by making my friendship with them. I was just feeling like I am going to appear for an exam. After settling in hostel my parents went off. That time was really crucial for me. But my roommates were nice they cheered me up. Now I am feeling little bit free. But don’t know how about tomorrow. It’s also a new challenge for me. Let’s see tomorrow what happens? Ok by my friend diary. We will meet tomorrow.

Jim

 

 Hope this post is helpful for readers. If you find this post supportive please do share to your friend. And don’t forget to leave a comment in comment box below. Thank you visit again.

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post