Tenses Quiz: Simple Present, Simple past, Simple future tense

 

Tenses Quiz: Simple Present, Simple past, Simple future tense

I. Identify the tense of following sentences

1. I met Mr. Paul yesterday.

2. He will come on next Monday.

3. He goes to singing class daily.

4. The bank opens at 10 o clock morning.

5. Rocky sings only pop songs.

6. We will buy our school books tomorrow evening.

7. They paid their rent last week.

8. They shall buy snacks next week.

9. We watched this movie yesterday.

10. Sam will reach tomorrow early morning.

11. Gautam Buddha was very fond of peace.

12. I am sorry.

13. He will take his two buffaloes.

14. A little dwarf came running up.

15. A wealthy merchant lost his purse.

16. I want an apple and a glass of juice.

17. The farmer bought an axe.

18. The car needs petrol to run.

19. I will tell you more afterwards

20. The monitor distributes the book.

Answers:

1. Simple past 2. Simple future  3. Simple present  4. Simple present    5. Simple present  6. Simple future    7. Simple past  8. Simple future   9. Simple past  10. Simple Future  11. Simple past tense. 12. Simple present tense. 13. Simple future tense 14. Simple past tense. 15. Simple past tense.16. Simple present tense.17. simple past tense. 18. Simple present tense 19. Simple future tense 20. Simple present tense.

II. Fill in each lank with the correct or more suitable verb form. Choose from the brackets.

1. I usually ­­­­­____ at 6o’clock. [ get up / gets up]

2. My father ­­­____ fifty-five tomorrow. [ will be/ was]

3. She ___ me last Sunday. [ calls/ called ]

4. She ___ for piano class on every Sunday. [ gone/ goes]

5. They ____ yesterday evening. [ will arrive/ arrived]

6. I _____ this book last year. [ bought/ buy]

7.  The sun ___ in the east. [ rises/ rose]

8. They ___ well in last match. [plays/ played]

9. We ___ ____ the house next year. [ shifted/ will shift]

10. Fish ___ in water. [live/ lived]

 Answers:

1. get up  2. Will be  3. Called  4. Goes   5. Arrived  6. Bought    7. Rises  8. played 9. Will shift  10. Live

 

III. Use Simple Present Tense of the verbs in the box below to fill in the blanks.

[use v1 or v1+s/es according to the subject]

Boil, walk, play, set, do, live, eat, fall, build, read

 

1. The sun __--- in the west.

2. Water ____ at 100 degree Celsius.

3. I ___ 2 kilometer daily.

4. Anand ___ newspaper daily.

5. Birds ___ nest on the tree.

6. My grandparents ___ in Nagpur.

7. He ____ his home work regularly.

8. Lion ___ meats.

9. Rain ____ from the clouds.

10. Children ___ cricket daily in the evening.

 Answers: 1. Sets  2. Boils  3. Walk  4. Reads  5. Build  6. Live  7. Does  8. Eats   9. Falls 10. Play

 

IV. Use Simple Past Tense of verb from the following bracket and complete the sentences.

 

Visit, spend, lose, eat, Break, borrow, wash, walk, bat, pass, see, drive, enjoy bring, sleep, turn,  bake, win, call, come, bark

1. I ___ the party last night.

2. My grand-father ____ me yesterday night.

3. They _____ the window yesterday while playing the football.

4. For my last year birthday my mother ___ cake.

5. I  ___ a tiger near my town last night.

6.  We ____ the zoo last week.

7.  They ____ the match last year.

8.  My father ____ grapes yesterday.

9. He ____ Seven mile in the morning.

10.  The dog ____ at the cat.

11. Mr. Ronald ______ back home an hour ago.

12. Sehvag ___ very well.

13. She ____ the driving test two months ago.

14. I _____ up the vessels after dinner.

15. Tom and Kitty ____ to Marina Road last weekend.

16. We ____ our last vacation in  Irland.

17.  They _____ ice cream after movie.

18. She ____ nine yesterday.

19. I _____ these book from library last month.

20. He ____ his keys yesterday.

Answers

1. enjoyed 2. Called 3. Broke 4. Baked 5. Saw 6. Visited 7. Won 8. Walked 9. Brought 10. Barked 11. Came 12 batted 13. Passed 14. Washed 15. Drove 16. Spent 17. Ate  18. Turned 19. Borrowed 20. Lost

V. Use Simple Future tense of verbs from the following bracket and complete the sentences below.

 arrive, fight, get, perform, meet, prepare, gift, entertain, buy, miss, come, rain,  receive, fly, phone, go, do, give, sing, finish, exercise

 

 

 

 

1. She _____ us in the party.

2. We ____   our work till tomorrow night.

3. Reena ___ a song in the annual function.

4. I   ____ for check up to the hospital today evening.

5. Doctor ___ reports tomorrow.

6. I ___ him within an hour.

7.  My aunt _____ on next Monday.

8. We ____ this together later.

9.  She ____ her son for picnic next year.

10. I ___ for an hour from tomorrow.

11. It ___   tomorrow as per weather forecast.

12.  Mrs. Jenny  _____ you in the afternoon.

13. They ___   skit on next annual function.

14. My father ____ a new car next year.

15.  You __ your results on next Saturday.

16. Go fast otherwise you ____ the train.

17.  They _____ the letter next month.

18. Young birds ____ after grown up.

19. I ___ a Purse to my mother on coming birthday.

20. He ___ for his right.

Answers

1. will entertain 2. Will finish 3. Will sing 4. shall go 5. Will give  6. Shall meet 7. Will arrive 8. Shall do 9.  Will send 10 shall exercise 11. Will rain 12. Will meet 13. Will perform 14. Will buy  15. Will get 16. Will miss 17. Will receive 18. Will fly 19. shall gift 20. Will fight

 

VI. Transform the sentences below as per the instructions in the bracket.

1. They play cricket every day.(change to simple future tense)

2. Simon helped the poor boy near his house. (Simple present tense)

3. Victor likes to listen to songs while doing his chores.

(Change to Simple past tense.)

4. He writes a letter to his friend. (Change to simple past tense)

5. Dina sold this ancient pot. (Change to simple future tense)

6. My father brought five dozen mangoes. (Change to simple present tense)

7. She cooks delicious food daily. (Change to simple future tense.

8. The magician will enter with musical background. (Change to simple present tense.)

9. They lived in this huge mansion. (Change to simple present tense.)

10. I told him to leave this room. (Change to simple future tense)

11.  We plucked the flowers from your garden.

 (Change to simple future tense.)

12. He ate his snacks. (Change to simple future tense)

13. She called me to invite. (Change to future tense.)

14. They will come to meet you. (Change to simple past tense)              

They came to meet you.

15. My sister will bake cake for me. (Change to simple present tense)  

16. She wears sunglasses on the beach. (Change to simple future tense)

17.  He spent his holidays in London. (Change to simple present tense)  

18. He buys his favorite book in this shop.  (Change to simple past tense)   

19. I meet my best friend in the restaurant. (Change to simple future tense)

20. Tom odes his homework on own. (Change to simple past tense)  

 

 

 

Answers:

1. They will play cricket. [As it is a simple future tense it is necessary to remove everyday.]

2. Simon helps the poor boy near his house.

3. Victor liked to listen to songs while doing his chores.

4. He wrote a letter to his friend.

5. Dina will sell this ancient pot.

6. My father brings five dozen mangoes.

7. She will cook delicious food daily.

8. The magician enters with musical background.

9. The magician enters with musical background.

10. I shall tell him to leave this room

11. We will pluck the flowers from your garden.

12. He will eat his snacks.

13. She will call me to invite.

14 They came to meet you

15. My sister bakes cake for me.

16. She will wear sunglasses on the beach.          

17 He spends his holidays in London.

18. He bought his favorite book in this shop.  

19. I shall meet my best friend in the restaurant.   

20. Tom did his homework on his own. 

VII. Below is a small paragraph. Fill the blanks with the verbs in the box. Use simple past Tense.

Buy, ride, make, go, scare, eat, enjoy, paint, enter, play, jump.

Last Saturday, my sister, brother and I  __ to the circus with my uncle. We  ___our tickets and ____a big tent. First five elephants ___football. Then two lions ____ through the fire rings. We all  ___ to see the lions. Next, five monkeys ­­­­____small tricycles around the ring. Some clowns with funny ____faces and multi-colored clothes ____ us to laugh. We ____ the show. We ___ popcorn and ice-cream while coming back. 

 

 

 

 

Answer

Last Saturday, My sister, brother and I went to the circus with my uncle. We bought our tickets and entered a big tent. First five elephants played football. Then two lions jumped through the fire rings. We all scared to see the lions. Next, five monkeys rode small tricycles around the ring. Some clowns with funny panted faces and multi-colored clothes made us to laugh. We enjoyed the show. We ate popcorn and ice-cream while coming back. 

 

VIII. Fill in the blanks with the help of verbs in the bracket. Use the simple future tense to complete the paragraph.

 

Tomorrow there is a school picnic. We all friends ___ (do) lot of fun for full day.  We all _____(spend)  a whole day together. I ___ (get up) early in the morning. I ___ (get ready) before 6 o’clock. i ___ (pack) my bag in the night. My friends ____ (come) at school at 6 o’clock. So I have to get ready fast. I ____(keep0 alarm of 5 o’clock. I___  (take) lots of snacks to enjoy the trip. We ___(sing) songs on the way. We ___ (enjoy) the whole day. We ___ (play) some games with our teachers also. So I think tomorrow’s picnic will be unforgettable for us.

Answers

Tomorrow there is a school picnic. We all friends will do lot of fun for full day.  We all will spend a whole day together. I shall get up early in the morning. I shall get ready before 6 o’clock. I shall pack my bag in the night. My friends will come at school at 6 o’clock. So I have to get ready fast. I will keep alarm of 5 o’clock. I will take lots of snacks to enjoy the trip. We will sing songs on the way. We will enjoy the whole day. We will play some games with our teachers also. So I think tomorrow’s picnic will be unforgettable for us.

IX. Rewrite the following paragraph in simple future tense.

I and my mother went for shopping yesterday. We went by bus at 4 pm. We got down at the market stop. Then we walked some distance. Then we went to the shop to buy some jewelry. I took various kinds of jewelry for me and my little sister. Then we went to buy some cloths. After completing the shopping we ate some snacks on the way. Then we enjoyed the ice-cream too. Afterwards we come back by the auto. We returned by 8 pm in the evening. Then we had our dinner.

 Answer

I and my mother will go for shopping tomorrow. We will go by bus at 4 pm. We will get down at the market stop. Then we will walk some distance. Then we will go to the shop to buy some jewelry. I shall take various kinds of jewelry for me and my little sister. Then we will go to buy some cloths. After completing the shopping we will eat some snacks on the way. Then we will enjoy the ice-cream too. Afterwards we will come back by the auto. We well return by 8 pm in the evening. Then we will have our dinner.

 

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post